Oh Thursday, am I happy to see you!

Happy Thursday.  I thought I would combine some confessions and thoughts for the day to catch you up on the strange week that I have had!

1. Twice this week I very nearly had to go to the urgent care/hospital. Not a comforting thing at all!  This past weekend was a lot of fun, and so much fun that I forgot to drink my usual ocean of water. The result was some painful Braxton Hicks. Since this isn't my first rodeo, I knew to drink water, lay on my side and wait for them to go away. After over an hour they were staying almost regular. I kept telling China Man it was fine, and they would go away. (If you believe it hard enough, it will happen, ha!) He told me that he was taking a shower and if they hadn't gone away we would call. Thank goodness, they listened to the deadline and no call was made. Then of all things I caught some virus or something. Tuesday I felt super awful all day. I just assumed it was a bad "pregnancy" day. I pretty much did nothing but keep Little Man alive. By the end of the day though, I started having chills which clued me in I might be sick. I took my temperature and had a fever. For the next few hours it did nothing but go up.  Not going to lie, it was kind of scary being home alone during this. I really was not sure what to do. I called the midwife, and we went back and forth on the best plan. It ended with me on Tylenol and heading into the midwive's office first thing the next morning.  The most important thing is that Baby Brother is completely fine, and not showing any indication of an early arrival.

2.
I have begun to practice what I call " 3rd trimester parenting. Sometimes it is just a little easier to let him tear something apart exploring rather than the alternative. The downside is that my house is an epic disaster by the end of the day but at least during the day I was able to grab 5 minutes to sit down. Ha!

3.  We are taking a long weekend and camping this weekend. While I normally love camping, and I am THRILLED to have a long weekend with the China Man ( Believe me when I say, he NEVER has days off) I am a little unsure how camping will go with a 17 month old and being awkwardly pregnant. We sorta tried it last year, but 6 month old Little Man was not a big fan of sleeping in a tent, and then caught a terrible cold. So hopefully this weekend goes a little better, ha!

Look how cute and little he was! We also chose camping to be the first time we introduced noodles to him. 

4. So the wind blows open the curtains in our bedroom every night and it creeps me out every...single... time. Like seriously, do you know how creepy it is when you are taking a shower and you hear your curtains slowly pulling open. 

5.  This summer, I have recently become a big fan of the singer P!nk. More specifically, her song " Just Like Fire". Every time it comes on the radio, I get so happy! It is not like she is a new artist or anything, but all the sudden she just speaks to me. I think stay at home mom's are her target audience. :-) 

Comments

Popular Posts