So...it is the last Wednesday of the month...which means it is time for a What's Up Wednesday Post!  Which I kind of did a few days ago, but I love this link up. 


What we're eating this week...    The goals for my meals these days is very simple. Does not require me to be over the stove too much and simple.  There is a lot of tacos, burgers and pasta salads happening around here. I love to cook except in the summer. 

What I'm reminiscing about...  My old summer single girl routine.  I honestly lived on the beach Friday through Monday. My biggest goal was to have the best tan. I would read a ton of books, listen to music and drink a massive iced coffee.  I did this for several summers and was kind of known for it.  While I still go to the lake/ocean 2-3 times a week with Little Man. Somehow it is not quite the same ;-)  My skin is probably thankful for that though.

What I am loving....  Beach Days! Just because I don't relax on the beach like I used to, doesn't mean I don't still love the beach. Little Man and I are there several times a week. I love it. Not going to lie, it is kind of exhausting hauling my huge self down to the beach with a 17 month old. However it is totally worth it and Little Man loves it. 





What we've been up to...  Well obviously the beach.  We have been visiting friends for various play dates lately. It is always fun. Plus I have been busy trying to set up the house with furniture and make it feel like home.  It is frusterating because it seems to be a slow process, and I would like so much to have my house feel like home before the baby is born.  

What I'm dreading...  Honestly, I am dreading the last six weeks of pregnancy.  Back to back pregnancies is physically hard! Add in a hot, humid summer and I am to struggle.  The difference in a second pregnancy is that this time I do not get to rest when I want to and my work load is triple between moving and having an one year old. I miss my energy and being able to accomplish things in my day. And don't worry I am not naive enough to think I will have the ability to get a lot done after the baby is born. Which is also why I get a little frusterated that I am not getting things done now. 

What I'm excited about...  We have decided this weekend we are going to stay home and just get things done around the house. I am definitely looking forward to that. The weekend is the only time China Man is home long enough and awake enough to get projects done. We do not get to spend a lot of time just the three of us so we always enjoy when we get the chance. Especially when we get to do it in our beloved new home. 

What I am watching/reading...  

   I am rewatching this show again. Usually when I am ready to sit down and relax I last about 15 minutes. So reruns are a good choice. And I just love the Barlett administration.  :-) 

What I am listening to...  Randomly one day Pandora suggested I listen to the 2000's summer hits. I am so glad they did because it is such a fun station! 

What I'm wearing...  Pretty much the same 3 tank tops and 2 pairs of shorts.  I have passed the size of being able to squeeze into my non maternity shorts and shirts. I should not complain because I did make it to 34 weeks. But I may burn those tank tops in September ;-) 

What I'm doing this weekend...  Like I said above, we are sticking close to home to get things done around the house. We might take Little Man to an animal refuge farm also. They have bears, moose, deer and all sorts of other woodland animals. Mostly I look forward to seeing my China Man on the weekends and being able to spend more than half an hour with him.  

What I'm looking forward to next month...  We are spending a week up at Sebago Lake. One of my favorite spots in the entire world.  We are also having a bbq with my two best friends and their families. It might be a little ambitious having a bbq at 39 weeks pregnant but I just want to keep busy until this little guy makes his appearance. Speaking of which, I really would not mind if he made an appearance at the end of the month. I am so curious what kind of little person he will be like.  

What else is new... Pretty sure at this point, we are all caught up on what is new with my life these days. haha 

BONUS QUESTION: What was your favorite part about summer?
Being outside. I love being by the lake with the mountain on the horizon, I love the ocean, I love sitting on the porch in the mornings with my coffee, I love the long sunny day, the thunderstorms, I love grilling, I love all the extra ice cream and I love how relaxed most people are. 

Comments

Popular Posts