Merry Christmas!! It is hard to believe that Christmas 2015 is over. My little baby's first Christmas is over. It is also hard to believe that he turned 10 months on Christmas. How is it possible that he is only 2 months away from being a year old!?

  Christmas Eve was pretty quiet in out little condo. We mostly spent the day cleaning and getting ready for having my parents and sister over. We do not have a big family and the 5 of us is as big as a family gathering gets!
( Note to self, if I am going to pretend to be a blogger, I really need to work on my photography skills) We sat around our beautiful Christmas tree, ate way to much food and had a nice visit. I think the star of the show was the eggplant meatball sliders. I am not a vegetarian by any means but I do enjoy a vegetarian meal once or twice a week. Honestly that is all my China Man can tolerate before he suggests that meat would be nice.




   As a first time mom I was really looking forward to Christmas morning. Even though I had been told to have low expectations and I knew my baby would not fully understand Christmas.... I was still excited for him to open his presents and experience Christmas.
Yes, I was that cheesy Mom who bought her baby a silly Christmas outfit. Because honestly, I brought him into this world I can be as cheesy as I want! And seriously... he looks cute. We won't talk about how I held my breath during his last growth spurt recently and just prayed he did not grow out of this outfit before we could wear it! Naturally in true 10 month old fashion, he soaked the outfit in drool within 3 hours but we got our pictures worth :-) 
   
   We opened presents at home just the 3 of us and had our cinnamon roll casserole, a rare Cota tradition. As a young "ish" family we don't have a lot of traditions but cinnamon roll casserole is one of the few things I have done since China Man and I have been together. Although my husband did just inform me that he had no memory of ever eating the cinnamon roll casserole before...  
    My Little Man was pretty pumped about ripping the paper but I can't say that he fully grasped the coolness of his presents until his dad turned the toy on and it started making noise and being obnoxious. 
   Then we drove to my parents and had another round of presents and Christmas fun.  My sister basically got me set up with Essential Oils so that is exciting. I have really wanted to use them more. Before Christmas the only 2 that I have tried were peppermint oil and tea tree oil.  Since I received my nifty stash, I did mop my floors with patchoili oil and tangerine oil mixed with baking soda and castille soap. The floors looked clean enough to me but holy wow.... did the house smell strong! Even the next day the house smelled like I had just cleaned. 

I guess that basically sums up Christmas 2015. We ate a lot of food, basically stared at the baby and kept him from destroying everything and enjoyed relaxing. 

Comments

Popular Posts