What's Up Wenesday

I thought I would do something a little different and link up with Larson Lingo, Mix & Match Mama and Pinterest Told Me To for What's Up Wednesday.

What We're Eating This Week... 
    Funny you should ask because I just tried a new recipe yesterday. I was really super hesistant to try it, but my friend swore her family loved it. Even while I was making it, I commented to my husband that it could potentially be my biggest pinterest fail yet.

The verdict, it was delicious. Not to mention, super easy! If I were to make it again, I would probably increase the salsa and decrease the sour cream. Also, I didn't even use sour cream, I just used greek yogurt. China Man loves when I do this ;-)  I asked China Man what he thought of the recipe, and he said he liked it. He told me next time I should consider using tuna instead of chicken. I really don't even know.... 

What I'm Reminiscing About... 
    This showed up on my Facebook memory from a year ago. It made me laugh 
I ended up writing a much more thorough plan, but really this one was enough. Just have a baby. 

What I'm Loving... 
     I am definitely loving our non-winter. It has been un-seasonably warm this week and I love it. I love all the seasons that Maine brings, but if we don't have to freeze our behinds off every time we walk outisde, that is okay too. Not to mention I have developed a strong fear of falling while carrying my Little Man. 

What We've Been Up To... 
    Honestly, not a whole lot. January is always a really quiet month for us. We basically turn into hermits, and just chill at home. By the end of the month, I am always ready to rejoin civilization but I do kind of enjoy the quiet weekends and working on things at home. 

What I'm Dreading... 
    I have a basket of laundry that I have ignored folding for the past 2 days, and I don't think I can put it off another day. Does that count? Obviously life is really a tough road for me these days. 

What I've Been Working On... 
      One thing you can always say about the Cota's, we always are working on something. I have been working on Little Man's birthday decorations, and opening an Etsy shop for my in laws. China Man is working on redoing our stairs. He is ripping up the carpet and putting down stained stairs. There was probably a better way to describe what he is doing, but that is the gist of it. 

What I'm Excited About... 
      SO MUCH! I just realized that February is going to be such a fun month. We have fun things planned almost every weekend.  Plus this weekend we finally get to go out to dinner with my best friend and her husband. I feel like it has gotten rescheduled a lot, but probably only once. I am so excited to eat out in a real restaurant. ( I told you, January is a sloooow month for us) 

What I'm Watching/ Reading...
   I actually just started watching NCIS. There is like 300 episodes on Netflix so it has potential to be a long term relationship. I love a good cop/crime show. ( although not sure if this really qualifies as good, but it is entertaining) 
 And just in case you started questioning my intelligence level, this is the book I just downloaded 
I love reading biographies and historical fiction. I have only just started it, but so far I have enjoyed it. The author definitely has a very casual way of speaking about the first ladies. I have never heard an author refer to Martha Washington's children as "brats" before.  Like I said, so far it has been really interesting. 

What I'm Listening To... 
    I wish I had something trendy, but really I just listen to my child talk, play or cry. After all of that, I usually need a little silence. 

What I'm Wearing... 
I think that about sums it up. 

What I'm Doing this Weekend...
    Well I already answered that sorta. We have a fabulous parent's night out planned, and Little Man is having his pictures taken on Saturday morning. Woo-hoo!! 

 What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month... 
    

     We have my birthday, Little Man's birthday and Valentines Day to celebrate. I love birthdays, and love to make HUGE deals out of them. China Man really loves when we have his "Birthday week" We have a few other things happening as well, so I think February 2016 is going to be fabulous. 

Favorite Valentines Treat... 
   Duh.... Chocolate! Does not matter what kind or in what form, I just love chocolate. 

Comments

Popular Posts