Life Lately.

Happy Monday friends. I hope you are all pumped and ready for St. Patrick's Day. I purchased our corned beef, and cabbage at the store today. Probably one of the more disgusting traditional holiday meals out there, but China Man does love it.

Today I just thought I would just update about life around here. Lots has been in happening... and when I say a lot, I really mean not much.

On Saturday, China Man and I got to go out to dinner just the two of us at night. My in laws had given us a gift card to restaurant in South Portland. My parents babysat and for the first time since Charlie was born, we had a dinner date. We have gone out maybe once at night before but that was a double date. I didn't realize how much I missed it until Saturday when I was SO excited getting ready. We left a little early and walked by the ocean a little bit. Just being by the water made me so excited for the warmer temps and being able to spend days at the ocean and lake.

   We got to our restuarant a little early, and it was right on the ocean. Such a nice perk of living in Southern Maine sometimes. Since it was resturaunt week, we did the deal for 3 courses. Now all the food was amazing and delicious but really the hands down winner was the fresh sweet potato donuts with a expresso sauce 
Sorry the picture is dark. China Man threatened me if I used my flash while we were there, lol. Anyways, I would be lying if I didn't say I had thought about these donuts every day since then. There is nothing better than a fresh, warm donut. As long as there is no filling. Donuts will filling is just so wrong in my book. 

Also on Saturday we took Little Man to a playground at a local school. I thought he might enjoy it. He is still too small for most it but I think he had fun. Naturally the wood chips and sand were his favorite thing to play with. 

Also in sort of fun news, we are moving forward with looking for a new home. The goal is to move before I am in my third trimester. Been there, done that and not emotionally strong enough to do it again. It is exciting and scary but really that seems to be the theme of adult life. Sometimes I still get really emotional that nothing has happened in the time table or way that we planned. Like why do we even bother making plans....But I grew up as a missionary kid. If there is one thing I learned as a missionary kid it is to just make the best of what you have and don't worry about the other stuff. So even with the house, my goal is to make sure China Man is happy and that we move with enough time for me to make sure my babies both have their bedrooms set up and that it feels semi homey before I enter that haze of post-partum, sleep deprived survival mode. 

Comments

Popular Posts