Oh hello Monday.

I am not sure how it happened but this weekend flew by. But just like I said I hoped it would be, our weekend was all sorts of productive. Woo-hoo! 

In epic news, we did actually buy a car. It is funny because we looked at a couple cars of Friday, and on Friday I totally expected to buy a car. I honestly thought we would find one and that would be that. Instead I had a lesson in why used car salesman are not always regarded in the kindest light. We returned home Friday somewhat discouraged. Then Saturday, China Man said he had another few he wanted to go look at. I went along totally not expecting to buy the car and then 3 hours later we were rolling out of there with this 

Quite the change from the compact cars that we have been driving. But as people who will soon have multiple kids, always are doing projects, plan to do family camping trips and will probably have a dog in the future this car made the most sense for us. I was scared of it at first, but it is kind of growing on me. I feel like it makes me tough being able to drive it. Ha! 

 I have been honestly super surprised at everyone's reaction to this new car. Most people are very openly unimpressed and somewhat judgey about it. The car salesman said this car wasn't for everyone and based on the reactions that is clearly true. However for this growing family who has spent the last year in a state of transition just dreaming and praying for when their life can move forward and actually look and be the life that we want. This car was a huge step forward for us. It just happens that my car looks like it is transporting JayZ . 

In another exciting weekend news China Man finished up some house projects. I have new trim in my kitchen and new steps. It gives the condo a cute country cottage feel. 

So when you factor in the hours of car shopping, house projects, church and basic life... that really was our weekend. Not going to lie, I fell asleep on the couch by 6:30 last night and woke up long enough to go to bed at 8:30. I feel like I hold off most of my pregnancy exhaustion until dinner time and then it is just a lost cause. At least I can hold it off that long! 

Little Man's birthday is this week and I am already getting emotional and nostalgic about my baby being one. Fair warning it might be a little extra sappy around here this week. :-) 

Comments

Popular Posts